Legal Information & Notices
Welcome to Meetai
1. Hi, we’re Meetai (Meetai LLC), welcome to Meetai’s Digital Services marketplace. In this agreement we explain rules that apply to buying Services and to using and interacting in general with Meetai’s website (‘User Terms’).
2. When we refer to the ‘site’ we’re talking about the Meetai website at meetai.com. When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘Meetai’ we mean to say who we are as we own and run the site.
3. Our User Terms apply to any use of the site. These Terms are between you and Meetai. You’re making a legal commitment to us to adhere to our User Terms when you visit our site, therefore please read and understand them. If you don’t accept them, then you will need to leave the site because any use, other than in agreement with these User Terms, is unauthorized.
Finding and buying Services
4. You need to be 16 years or over to browse the Meetai site. We don’t knowingly collect any information from anyone aged 16 and under. If you want to buy services, or use other site features, you need to be 18 years old or over. By using this site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. We call a person who buys services a ‘buyer’. When we refer to ‘you’ in these user terms we mean any users of the site.
Our FAQ gives more information about Meetai Services and how these work.
We are available if you have any questions regarding the site or these Terms of Service. Contacting us can be performed by submitting a request here.
Before you buy
5. Buyers are responsible for choosing the right services to meet their needs and making sure that all aspects of the services, including their scope, the number of revisions available and turnaround time meet their needs. Buyers need to provide a full brief for each job. It is the buyer’s responsibility to make sure that the brief is comprehensive and clear.
Agreeing to buy
6. Meetai agrees to provide services by entering into an agreement directly with the buyer. This is called the ‘services agreement‘. It is your responsibility to make sure you understand the terms of the services agreement. In these User Terms we use the word ‘job’ to talk about the services that Meetai agrees to provide a buyer under a services agreement.
7. As a buyer, it is very important you understand the services agreement. It is a contract you are entering into every time you engage in a job.
Payment, pricing and taxes
8. The prices advertised on the site for services are packaged and set standard hourly prices. These prices may change or the services may be removed without notice. The price will not change for any service already purchased.
9. All prices are stated and charged in US dollars (USD$). You are responsible for any costs associated with currency conversion or bank charges.
10. Buyers pay for services using one of the methods offered on the site (‘payment method’). We will give you a job ID and issue a receipt for payment. We will hold the payment until the job has been closed.
11. Each of the following things need to happen to ‘close’ the job:
- we complete the service and submit content to the buyer for approval;
- the buyer approves the outcome of the job;
- we complete the job by providing ‘materials’ to the buyer (‘job completion’).
12. The prices for services include all indirect taxes (like GST, VAT and sales taxes). We can provide tax invoices to buyers on request.
13. It is important that you understand how the job completion process works on Meetai website. Please take the time to review this section carefully.
Enabling safe transactions – dispute resolution process
14. We offer a dispute resolution process for buyers. This is a benefit of buying a service with us. You agree to use the dispute resolution process to resolve any disputes. You can raise a dispute at any time up to seven days after job completion. We will investigate each dispute, make any decision and take any action to implement our decision (such as making payments or part-payments and releasing content) at our sole discretion.
15. Buyers make use of the seven-day period after completion of their job to ensure they receive all the final deliverables – all content requested and delivered under the services agreement (‘materials’). It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that they’ve received all materials before the job is closed. A dispute cannot be raised after that time.
16. Before the job is closed, if a dispute is raised at any time, we will still hold the payment until the dispute resolution process finishes. Once that happens, we will then allocate payment in dependence on the outcome of said dispute.
17. A buyer can use the dispute resolution process exclusively for services provided and for communications made solely via direct communication with us. A dispute raised may be ineligible for the dispute resolution process if it involves any service provided, or any communication made, outside the formal communication channels provided. If a buyer does not provide us with information or answers to our questions, or otherwise participate properly in the dispute resolution process, we have the right to resolve the dispute in our favor.
18. A dispute that has been resolved in the buyer’s favor will trigger a repayment to be made via the original payment method only.
19. You release us from any liability relating to a dispute and the outcome of any dispute resolution process.
Our FAQ has more information about our dispute resolution process.
Your promises to Meetai
20. When you use the site you make some promises to us. You promise that:
- information you give to us is true, accurate, up-to-date and complete (including a current email address);
- you are 18 years or over;
- if you realize there’s any unauthorized use of your details or any breach of security you need to let us know immediately;
- you will only make representations on or via the site that are accurate and not misleading or untrue;
- you will be responsible for any access and activity on the site made as a result of using your details;
- you will be reasonable and polite in your dealings with us and other persons related to our products or services;
- you are not located in a country that’s sanctioned and are not on a list of sanctioned persons;
- you will not purchase items from us using funds sourced from a sanctioned country;
- you must not use any digital means (including virtual private networks or VPN) or any other means to avoid compliance with these terms and conditions, or for any fraudulent or illegal reasons;
- you will not breach any of these terms, any services agreements or any additional terms;
- you will participate fully in the dispute resolution process; and
- you will follow any other Meetai’s policies or rules that apply to the site, such as use and conduct rules.
What we own (our intellectual property)
21. We own all the content that we have put on our site (unless otherwise stated). This includes the design, compilation and look and feel of the site, all copyright, trademarks, designs and other intellectual property on the site. We claim ownership of all the trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names that we display on the site (unless otherwise stated).
22. You will not copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any of our content or use any of our intellectual property in any way not expressly stated in these user terms (or otherwise allowed by law).
What you own (your intellectual property)
23. You promise that you own, or have the appropriate rights to use, everything that you submit to us. This includes everything that you post on the site and send to, or make available to us, including all files, assets, communications and materials (‘your content’). You promise that the use of your content on or via our site won’t infringe anyone else’s rights and that, regarding your content, no further permissions from others are required.
24. You give us a license to copy, publish, and publicly communicate your content on or via the site or other communication means, for the purposes of operating the site and providing platform facilities to you. Content and communications sent between buyers and us are not public.
25. We will retain rights in pre-existing materials provided to buyers, but grant buyers a broad license to these materials. We will assign to buyers all materials created specifically under the agreed brief. This is set out in the services agreement.
26. You confirm that we may publish and copy any derivative materials from the services rendered to you and any review and public comments you make on any websites run by Meetai, where applicable, for the purpose of promotion and site operations.
Things you can’t do
27. You agree that you will not:
- use a false email address, impersonate others, or misrepresent your affiliation with others;
- enter any arrangements that are not consistent with these user terms or the services agreement;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to computer systems or content through the site;
- engage in automatic gathering of information from or through the site (such as “database scraping” or harvesting of e-mail addresses);
- attempt to interrupt or alter the operation of the site in any way (i.e.: by sending mass unsolicited messages, “flooding” servers, or time bombs, trojan horses, virus, worms, cancelbots or any other computer routine);
- use the site or any of its content in a way that violates applicable law, that violates the intellectual property or other rights of us or others, or that is fraudulent, obscene, unprofessional, offensive, misleading or defamatory;
- disclose information that you obtain via the site that is reasonably regarded as confidential or marked as confidential; or
- modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, display, transmit, transfer, copy, perform, license, create derivative works from, or sell or re-sell any information, software, products, or services obtained from or through the site other than in accordance with the rights provided to you under these user terms or a services agreement.
29. The site will usually be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Sometimes interruptions or suspensions of your access to the site or the provision of the site’s platform facilities can happen for technical, maintenance or other reasons. We’ll endeavor to provide with notices if possible and necessary as well as to try to keep such interruptions to a minimum. We do not have control over the availability of external services or platforms.
30. Our indemnity to you.
We provide the site and the services. We are liable and solely responsible for:
- our use of the site;
- the services, message, content, software or other information we send through the site;
- our breach of any intellectual property rights belonging to others;
- our breach of these user terms;
- our breach of the service provider additional terms; and
- our breach of any industry code, regulation or law that applies.
You have no responsibility to us for, and we agree to indemnify you from, all claims, liabilities, costs, expenses (including legal fees) and loss arising in any way from any of the matters set out in this clause.
31. Your indemnity to us.
You are liable and solely responsible for:
- your use of the site;
- any services you buy or provide through the site;
- the services, message, content, information, software or other materials you send through the site;
- your breach of any intellectual property rights belonging to others;
- your breach of these user terms;
- your breach of a services agreement;
- your breach of the service additional terms; and
- your breach of any industry code, regulation or law that applies.
We have no responsibility to you or to any another person for all claims, liabilities, costs, expenses (including legal fees) and loss arising in any way from any of the matters set out in this clause (‘claims’) and you agree to indemnify us, our managers, officers, employees and any associates from all claims.
We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
This means that you protect us from costs and claims that happen because of your actions on the site.
32. Carefully assess whether this site is suitable for your needs. Everything on the site provided by us is given on an ‘as is’ basis and without warranties, either express or implied. We do not promise that the content or your access to the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected, or that the site or content are free of viruses or any other harmful components. We make no promises regarding your access to the site, or the results of your access, in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise. We are not liable to you for any loss claimed or incurred by you or others as a result of any lack of availability.
33. It is up to a buyer to make sure that our services meet the buyer’s needs. We don’t have control over anyone else’s business, representations, or the quality of their services or content, so we are not liable to you for anything provided by others. If you are unhappy with a service provided by us, please use the dispute resolution process. We only provide the insurances set forth in each of the services, individually.
Warranties and refunds
34. In some jurisdictions there may be consumer or fair trading laws that apply and that may give you rights that we cannot exclude, restrict or modify (‘non-excludable law’). We do not exclude or modify any non-excludable law. Except as provided in a non-excludable law, we are bound only by the express promises made in these user terms and we are not bound by implied terms.
35. Except as provided in a non-excludable law, we are not liable for indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, loss or revenue or loss of profits which result or arise from your using or accessing the site, or any inability to use or access the site. To the fullest extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition which cannot be excluded is limited to supplying our site’s services again.
36. If a buyer wants a refund on a job that has been started but is not yet closed, the buyer needs to raise a dispute so that we can assess the claim though our dispute resolution process.
Once a job is closed, payment will not be refunded except as required under non-excludable law. To request a refund on a closed job a buyer can make a claim to Support. We will assess claims on their merits, regarding to the digital nature of the materials and services as well as communications with buyer before closure.
There is no obligation to provide a refund for reasons which include if the buyer:
- has changed their mind about the services;
- bought the services by mistake;
- does not have sufficient expertise to use the materials (unless the services did not meet the requirements of the brief); or
- asks for goodwill.
Right to change, investigate or terminate
37. Although we can change any of our terms at any time we will take reasonable steps to let you know when we do so.
38. We can terminate any job prematurely for any reason in our discretion. Reasons might include quality assurance, dispute resolution, if we get sent a DMCA notice, if we think that the use of your content is unauthorized, misleading, incorrect, offensive, or in breach of anyone else’s rights, or if we think that your use of the site or the finalization of the job might result in liability to us or anyone else. We may investigate any job, allocate monies in certain circumstances and may freeze funds (for reasons such as our investigation of potential fraud) in our sole discretion.
39. Service is not an automatic right, it is a benefit we offer to buyers who follow our terms and policies. We hope that you will be with us for a long time. But we may, using reasonable discretion, decide whether or not your use of Meetai services complies with these terms and our policies. We can suspend or terminate your use of any of our services at any time for any reason, including if you:
- act in a way that does not align with our values;
- breach the user terms or service additional terms;
- breach any terms applicable to any of your interactions with Meetai;
- breach any of our policies (or policies of any other Meetai Company); or
- act in a way that could cause us or related persons harm.
If we do decide to permanently terminate your use of our services you must not apply for a new one as unfortunately you will no longer be welcome in our properties. This decision may also apply to any other product or services related to Meetai in this and other sites.
We may take action at any time to investigate any job or service for the purposes of ensuring the correct use of the Meetai platform.
When dispute resolution does not apply
40. You acknowledge that the dispute resolution process is not a legal process and that we do not, and cannot, provide legal advice. Agreeing to use the dispute resolution process does not take away your own rights and you can take your own legal advice at any time.
41. Although we can’t force you to accept the decisions we make, and you retain all your legal rights, we reserve the right to suspend or cancel any service if you don’t use this process fairly in our view.
42. We want you to take advantage of the dispute resolution process and recommend that you use it before trying other ways to resolve issues using others. If a buyer issues a charge back through a payment provider, we can’t start the dispute resolution process, or make a payment to buyer until that charge back process has been finalized.
To avoid making duplicate payments only one dispute / charge back can be tackled at a time.
43. We control and operate Meetai from our offices in USA. The laws of Nevada, USA govern these user terms, and you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts there. Any notice you provide to us must be emailed to us.
44. These user terms will apply at all times that you access the site; they will end when you are no longer a member of the site and no longer access the site.
45. Clauses 29, 31, 32, 33, 35, 36, 37, 43, 44 and 45 continue to be in effect when these user terms end because they contain our continuing promises or obligations.
46. We do not provide any legal advice on this site. Please consider for yourself the suitability of these user terms, any specific services agreement and the service provider additional terms.
Effective date Sep 25, 2019